This event has passed.
The Spanish Flu outbreak of 1918 claimed more lives than the battles of World War I. Learn the story of this deadly epidemic (and what we can do to prevent the spread of the flu today) with this evening of family-friendly crafts, activities, and resources from local organizations.
- Learn about the impact of the Spanish Flu in Seattle through a special performance of Northwest Passages by Living Voices, featuring the story of a nurse trained at Swedish Hospital.
- Discover historical disease prevention methods and hear about modern prevention practices from a current Swedish Hospital nurse.
- Find out how to prevent the spread of the flu today through our glowing, gooey handwashing station and germy craft.
- Stop by our local resource fair including Bartell Drugs, Swedish Hospital, and Public Health – Seattle & King County.
- Take a few moments and protect yourself and your community against the flu at MOHAI’s Flu Shot Clinic hosted by Bartell Drugs.
For disability accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to the event.
Cost: $5 for MOHAI members / $10 general public