The MOHAI Youth Advisors (MYA) are launching a book club!
Join teens from around the city as we reflect on Seattle’s diverse stories. To celebrate the start of BookMarked Seattle, MYA is also hosting an art and writing competition inspired by the themes explored in the first round of books. There are several ways to participate:
- Read – MYA has selected four books that highlight Seattle and Puget Sound history, places, and people. Read one, more, or all!
- The Hustle by Doug Merlino
- The Bones and the Book by Jane Isenberg
- The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
- The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough
- Reflect – Share your thoughts, favorite Seattle stories, and book recommendations on social media using the hashtag #mohaiteens
- Create – Share your Seattle story in the artistic genre of your choosing and submit it to the BookMarked Seattle art and writing contest by September 9 at 11:59 pm
- Connect – Join us on October 17 for the first meeting of the book club! Come discuss the books, pick up your copy of the BookMarked Seattle zine, hear and view selected works from the competition, and meet new people.