Museum Vision and Mission:
MOHAI is treasured locally and respected nationally as a vibrant resource where history inspires us to be our best, individually and collectively. By collecting and preserving artifacts and stories of our diverse history, MOHAI highlights our regional tradition of innovation and imagination. Through compelling exhibits, scholarship, education, public programs, and community engagement, MOHAI bridges the past, present, and future. MOHAI is a place and a community of people with histories of successes and failures that: bind us together; amuse, disturb, and inspire us; inform and guide us; and deepen our connection with our heritage.
Position Title: Accounting and Administration Associate
Reports to: Controller
Location: MOHAI Resource Center at Georgetown
Classification: Non-Exempt, Part-time, Hourly
Pay Rate: $20–$22 per hour, DOE
Schedule: 20–25 hours per week, Monday–Friday, to be scheduled by mutual agreement
Benefits include: Prorated vacation and sick leave. After one year, may be eligible for 403(b) savings plan contributions.
The Accounting and Administration Associate is responsible for all aspects of Accounts Payable and other specified accounting duties. This position maintains the essential administrative functions of the Resource Center and provides general executive support at the Resource Center. This position reports to the Controller and is a member of the Finance and Operations department.
- Accounts Payable—Code and enter A/P invoices to accounting system, prepare payment selection for approval, generate checks, match to supporting documentation, obtain signatures, burst & mail checks, maintain vendor files, prepare and reverse month-end accruals as needed, maintain W-9 compliance, respond to vendor inquiries, assist Controller with annual Form 1099 production.
- Credit Cards—Work collaboratively with MOHAI’s department managers to ensure accurate and timely recording of credit card purchases. Prepare related control reports.
- Accounts Receivable—Create invoices, follow-up when required to collect balances.
- Banking—Prepare deposits, deliver to bank and produce cash receipt records.
- Prepare routine journal vouchers as requested.
- Maintain the shared filing systems for Fiscal records and regulatory compliance.
- Post mail and deliver to Georgetown post office daily.
- Daily pick up from MOHAI’s P.O. Box and internal distribution of the mail.
- Order, stock, and maintain inventory of office supplies at Resource Center.
- Operate and maintain Postage Meter & Fax machine at Resource Center.
- Photocopier maintenance, including replace toner, recycle toner cartridges, handle staff name maintenance for scan function upon onboarding or exiting of personnel.
- Answer the front door at Resource Center, responding to inquiries, receiving and routing deliveries.
- Provide assistance with Development and Membership fulfillment (mailings and responses).
- Coordinate annual office spring cleaning and paper shredding event(s) at Resource Center and Museum.
- Prepare the MOHAI Weekly Bulletin for museum staff and board leadership.
Executive Support and Special Projects
- Prepare documents as needed for Chief Financial Officer/Chief Operating Officer (CFO/COO), Director of Marketing & Communications, Director of Development, and Sr. Manager, Human Resources & Operations.
- Coordinate meetings for CFO/COO and Directors; monitor GT Conference Room schedules.
- Maintain utilities data and ensure compliance with Energy Benchmarking reporting, in coordination with Sr. Manager, Facilities & Security.
- Ensure that all interactions are culturally responsive, respectful, and based on a foundation of MOHAI’s commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of full-time experience working in an office setting.
- At least one year of experience with full cycle Accounts Payable and accounting software.
- Able to easily navigate up and down 15 stairs.
- Able to move/carry up to 40 pounds.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Values accuracy and attention to detail.
- Appropriate discretion with confidential information.
- Enthusiasm for MOHAI’s exhibits, programs, and mission.
For more than 60 years, MOHAI has been dedicated to enriching lives by preserving, sharing, and teaching the diverse history of Seattle, the Puget Sound region and the nation. With a collection of nearly 4 million artifacts, photographs, oral histories and archival items, and an expansive schedule of exhibits and programs, MOHAI is the region’s premier history center. MOHAI operates a dramatic and award-winning museum in Lake Union Park in Seattle’s vibrant South Lake Union neighborhood, and a Resource Center in Seattle’s Georgetown neighborhood. MOHAI also hosts the Bezos Center for Innovation, focusing on the history and future of innovation in the Puget Sound region.
MOHAI is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, and is an official affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution. For more information, please visit www.mohai.org.
Please e-mail letter of interest, resume, and three references to: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
MOHAI is a 501(C)3 Organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer.