Tuesday, February 28, 2023
7 – 8:30 pm
In the historically white–dominated field of architecture, Black architects have created some of Seattle’s most important landmarks and continue to change the industry. Their work is grounded in guiding principles of community-centered design and empowering underserved communities. Join three generations of Black architects in the Pacific Northwest for a discussion on their work, inspirations, challenges, and hopes for the next generation.
Presented in partnership with:
- AIA Seattle Diversity Roundtable
- The Black Heritage Society of Washington State
- The Nehemiah Initiative Seattle
- NOMA Northwest
- The University of Washington College of Built Environments
- The Seattle Office of Planning and Community Development
CART captioning is available during the program. For accessibility support, please contact email@example.com two weeks before the event.
Photo Credit: Keith Brofsky Productions
Location: MOHAI Atrium
Cost: Free with Suggested $10 Ticket Price