This event has passed.
From family homes to buildings for iconic cultural organizations, Black architects’ work shapes Seattle’s landscape. Their incorporation of community oriented development principals benefits city neighborhoods. Learn about Black architects’ contributions to critical infrastructure changes, including the City of Seattle Comprehensive Plan, and visions for the future of Seattle’s built environments.
Presented in partnership with:
- AIA Seattle Diversity Roundtable
- The Black Heritage Society of Washington State
- The Nehemiah Initiative Seattle
- NOMA Northwest
- The University of Washington College of Built Environments
- The Seattle Office of Planning and Community Development
CART captioning is available during the program. For additional accessibility support, please contact email@example.com two weeks before the program.
The exhibit From the Ground Up: Black Architects and Designers will be open before the program from 6pm to 7pm.
Location: MOHAI Faye G. Allen Grand Atrium
Cost: Free with suggested $10 ticket price